14 February 2014

Muslim men don't know how to talk about love. But they need to

.... There's an unequalled serenity that comes from the Divine, but He's not a warm body. Nor a hand to hold. But He is also the answer I'd get, as much as I might not want to listen to it, when I stared at an empty bed and realized I was the only person in it.

Years later, enough of me accepted this to get my head down on the floor to pray. Though there are no legs to nudge out of the way. And even now I'm astonished at how much I wish there were.

[A COMMENT] The obvious answer surely is to leave the religion that prevents you expressing your emotions.

[ANOTHER COMMENT] "I spend every other weekend traveling, visiting Muslims all across the US. I give Friday sermons. I sit on panels discussing Muslim identity. I teach Islamic history." Boy are you going to feel silly when you realise it is all made up. [Guardian Cif] Read more