28 July 2014

Germany's biggest tabloid attacks Islam

"I don't believe in God, but at the same time Christianity, Judaism or Buddhism don't bother me. Only Islam bothers me more and more," wrote Nicolaus Fest, vice editor-in-chief of the Bild am Sonntag newspaper in the editorial published on Sunday.

Fest then laid out why Islam's "criminality," "murderous contempt" and "honour killings" did not belong in Germany, in comments which prompted a raft of hostility online against the Axel Springer-owned tabloid.

"I'm bothered by the considerably disproportionate criminality of youths from Muslim backgrounds," wrote Fest. "I'm bothered by Islam's murderous contempt for women and homosexuals. I'm bothered by forced marriages, 'justices of the peace,' 'honour killings.'"

[A COMMENT] Not all Muslims are extremists but it is a fact that Islamic extremism exists and not much has been done to quell it. How come Salafists are not branded as racists in Germany? I pity Europe because it's going down the drain. No wonder why it is stagnating - economically and socially - today.

[ANOTHER] I was born a Hindu but brought up as a human. I have seen people criticize Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddism quiet sharply but none of the religions react sharply and as aggressively as the Islamic followers do. [The Local] Read more