26 September 2014

Opinion: Halal meat sign in Derby store means I will not shop at Tesco again

I WENT into Tescos on Monday, a supermarket in which I rarely shop, and I came out absolutely furious.

As I passed one aisle, there was a large sign over it, in big letters saying Halal meat.

Now, do not think for one minute that I am racist or anti-religious, I am most definitely not, but I am anti-cruelty to animals, and, from my understanding, so are a large number of people.

I am appalled that a large supermarket chain sees fit to promote a product which ensures that animals are not killed in a way that the average person approves of.

[TOP RATED COMMENT] From today I will be going back to Asda for my on line food shopping.

[SECOND] Tesco already boycotted

[THIRD] Sorry to widdle on your fireworks Mr Shaky, but I do not hate all Muslims, just the ones who want to blow everyone up along with themselves

[FOURTH] Tesco cannot put a sign up saying "non-halal meat" because alot of the "normal" meat is also slaughtered in the halal way but sold on to customers as regular meat. It isn't just Tesco that do this either, Sainsburys, Co-op, Asda, Aldi etc, do the same.

[FIFTH] For the record, and to correct a bigot here, I think Kosher slaughter should be outlawed. There you go. I also think Halal slaughter should be outlawed. If you don't want either then buy pork.

Bacon is proof positive that at least two major religions are wrong, for no God worth the name would make something so delicious and then forbid it's consumption. Only a devil could do such a cruel thing. [Derby Telegraph] Read more