01 September 2014

Too many of Britain’s Muslims are failing to integrate. We need to find out why

I don’t know why we have a specific problem of Muslim integration. I’m not sure anyone does. But I suspect one of the reasons is no one has really taken the time or effort to formally try and find out. And now we have to take time.

Because this I do know. The days when we could simply ignore the issue are over. Rotherham represented a watershed. Denial led the to the systematic rape of thousands of our children. It is no longer an option.

I know this as well. We cannot continue to tackle this problem in our current piecemeal fashion. More control orders, and Ofsted inspections and community liaison officers and local authority ombudsmen will not fix what is broken here.

Britain’s Muslims are failing to integrate. We need to find out why.

[COMMENTS ARE CLOSED] [The Telegraph] Read more