16 July 2015

Event Cancelled - More imposed silence

As part of the on-going war on free speech in the UK, my planned event this evening with Bedford Skeptics in the Pub has been cancelled.

Bedford Skeptics have described the cancellation by stating: "Sadly, due to security issues raised by Ann Marie Waters, we have been notified by North End Social Club that they will be unable to open the club on the evening of the meeting due to the concerns of their staff."

Given that the event appeared in the local newspaper, I merely asked that I be collected from the station and returned there, that someone be on the door, and that the police be informed.

This is what I received when told of the cancellation:

"Due to the articles that have appeared in this weeks Beds on Sunday, I am unable to find any staff willing to work. I have also received complaints from several members of the club." [Sharia Watch] Read more